Friday, March 14, 2014

Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout


9680718Genre: Mythology

Paperback: 281 Pages

Published: October 18, 2011

Series: The Covenant Series
            1. Half-Blood
            2. Pure
            3. Deity
            4. Apollyon
            5. Sentinel
Rating: ★★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
            The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
 My review:
            I first picked this book off the library shelf  when I couldn't find anything to read. I brought it home, tried to read it, but just couldn't get into it. So I returned it. About a week later, I saw a review of this book on Goodreads and I was instantly obsessed. I just had to have it. When I went back and got the book I realized I tried to read it before. I was so shocked! How could I have not noticed how good this book was? As I sat down to read I was immediately sucked into a imaginative world that Jenifer Armentrout had created. I was in love! The story starts off similarly to Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead however, as the story line picks up, the characters become more intriguing.
            The main character Alexandria Andros is a half-blood (daughter of a pure and a human). When She was thirteen her mother ran away from the Covenant for reasons unknown to her. After three years of carful planning and hiding, mother and daughter have finally been caught by Daimons. As Alex runs for her live, not being able to grieve her mothers death, she comes face to face with a Pure named Aiden St. Delphi( the guy she's been secretly daydreaming over for that past three years) who has arrived to bring her back. She is forced to reunite with her friends and live among her kind. So it's fair to say that Alex is my type of girl. She is not a Pure, but she is one hell of a badass fighter.
I hate hate hate main characters who are weak and don't have any faith in themselves. But Alex proved to be strong and confident over and over again. She pushed and pulled with everyone, getting her way and breaking as many rules as possible. Aiden on the other hand (the hottie) was perfect. I had no idea Jennifer could create such an intriguing, gorgeous character. Even after reading Obsidian I didn't think there ever could be any one as hot and dreamy as Daemon. Obviously I was wrong. Even though Aiden is a Pure he was always a perfect gentlemen. He was nice, caring and hot (did I mention that he was extremely hot!). Through the entire book Aiden always had Alex's back even though caring for a half-blood was a no-no.
            I have to say this is one of my favorite books. I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes books that have well developed characters, kickass female lead, and a swoon worthy male lead! What more can you ask for? Another thing I really loved was the pace of the book and the ending of every book left you wanting more!    


No comments:

Post a Comment