Friday, March 14, 2014

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

6339664Genre: Angels
Hardcover: 391 Pages
Published: October 13, 2009
Series: Hush Hush
            1. Hush Hush
            2. Crescendo
            3. Silence
            4. Finale
Rating: ★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE
             Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.
 
My Review:
 


 WHY AM I HEARING SUCH NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THIS BOOK!? REALLY!? ARE WE EVEN READING THE SAME BOOK!?
 I got three words for you: mysterious, sexy, breathtaking. Hush, Hush is one of those addictive books that make you melt into a puddle. There is just something about it, you can't put you finger on it, but all you know is that you HAVE to keep reading. The characters are witty and lovable. I INSTANTLY fell in love with Patch. I mean what's not to love? He is smart and sexy with sense of humor. You'll either hate his guts, love him to pieces or hate him so much you'll love him. (I hope that made sense cause it sure does in my head!) He's the 'bad boy' that every girl wants (sigh)...dark and cocky as heck! Nora is also a refreshing heroin whose character suits Patch very well. They balance each other and honestly made me laugh with their constant witty bickering. I also loved the twist in the end. I didn't see it coming at all, which is always a nice surprise.
           The plot was intense and kept me on edge the entire time. Nora has to choose between good and evil because she happens to be the deciding vote on who wins. This puts a lot of pressure on Nora and puts her life at risk. I give kudos to Fitzpatrick for being able to write such an emotion filled story and make the characters three dimensional. I truly felt like I connected with the characters, which isn't easy because I'm very picky about what characters I like. And one more thing the cover is absolutely gorgeous as the guy in the book. That's saying something since most covers suck. And if that's the only reason you pick this book then so be it. Because I know how it feels to be sucked into a book just cause you fall for the cover. And sometimes the books isn't as good as the cover but Hush, Hush exceeded all of my expectation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment