Friday, March 14, 2014

Moonlight by rachel Hawthorne

3567200Genre: Werewolves
Paperback: 263 Pages
Published: March 3, 2009
Series: Dark Guardian
            1. Moonlight
            2. Full Moon
            3. Dark of the Moon
            4. Shadow of the Moon
Rating: ★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
I see him and I know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.

KAYLA is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

LUCAS is dangerous, gorgeous ... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.
My Short Review:
So shall we jump on the bandwagon with Twilight and Vampire Academy? But this time with werewolves.
      This book is overall oaky. I pretty much had to drag myself through it since I hate not finishing a book that I start. So it was unsatisfying and very predictable. Main character falls for the hot guy, the hot guy is interested in the new mysterious hot girl, main character is jealous, and they fight bla bla bla... The characters went from sounding too young to using words that an average 17 year old wouldn't say. The werewolf 'imprinting' plot was so similar to Stephenie Myers book: Twilight and I found that to be a little boring in this book. Another thing that annoyed me about the male werewolves was that they decide on a soul mate on the basis of love at first sight. So why go and get a tattoo of the soul mate on their back? That just seemed ridiculous to me. Plus the one thing I truly didn't like was that the books in this series is told in different peoples perspective. The first book is about one couple where else the second is about another different couple. It just annoyed me to keep track of all these confusing couples. I guess that's one of my reasons why I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would.   

No comments:

Post a Comment