Monday, April 28, 2014

Alpha #6 by Rachel Vincent

6449378Genre: Shapeshifters
Paperback: 472 Pages
Published: October 1, 2010
Series: Shifters
            1. Stray
            2. Rogue
            3. Pride
            4. Prey
            5. Shit
            6. Alpha
Rating:★★★★★



Goodreads Synopsis:

The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.


But life never waits until you're ready.



My Review:

I never understood why Greg Sanders, Faythe's father and the Alpha of his Pride chose Faythe as his successor. He has three older sons and in my opinion they were smart enough to handle being leaders. Throughout this series, Faythe has acted immature, irresponsible, and made very stupid choices. I know many readers disliked her attitude and didn't finish this series. However, Faythe has proven to me why she was chosen.

In Alpha, Faythe has risen from an immature adolescent, to a mature and smart young woman. She begins to shine showing her hidden qualities of a great Alpha. She fought with determination for her pride and wanted nothing but the best. Every opportunity she got, she took advantage of it to make her pride better and safer for female tabbies/strays.

Becoming an Alpha isn't the easiest thing to do. But for Faythe being a leader comes naturally. She has what most leaders lack: courage. Courage to stand up for what is right and to make a change. And Faythe has proven herself many times over in this final installment. She has finally made a decision to pick one guy and I'm actually happy with this outcome. In the previous book, what I hated the most was how Faythe kept stringing Jace and Marc along. She wouldn't pick one and took her sweet time. But in the end her decision is based on a conversation she had with her father. I liked how their relationship has grown and they both have come to respect each other. At one point, Faythe had went to her father for advice about her love life. He listened to her and finally told her to make the choice she thinks she should make. And her choice may cause many problems in the future with the other prides, but it would be a choice she made and not forced upon her.



Overall, a very good series. Lots of action, violence, romance, politics, some stupidity, but the ending wrapped everything up nicely. I loved the cover of this book. It fits nicely with the ending. And I truly enjoyed the conclusion of the Thunderbirds and Faythe's negotiation with them was the best part. I liked the whole idea of Thunderbirds and for future authors that would be a very cool topic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment