Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Friends and Traitors #2 by C.J. Hill

17261185Genre: Dragons
Hardcover: 400 Pages
Published: October 15, 2013
Series: Slayers
            1. Slayers
            2. Friends and Traitors
            3. TBA
Rating:★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

The Slayers – teens who have powers to fight dragons—are back by popular demand in this high-octane sequel, now with a new cover package!




Tori is at a White House dinner party when she hears a horrifying sound: dragon eggs hatching. It means in less than a year, the dragons will be mature and dangerous. The Slayers are well-trained, but their group is not yet complete, and Tori is determined to track down Ryker Davis, the mysterious Slayer who has yet to surface.


What Tori doesn’t bargain for, however, is the surprising truth about her powers: she isn’t a Slayer after all, but a Dragon Lord, with a built-in predisposition to protect dragons, not kill them.
How will she overcome this to save the lives of her friends?


My Review:

Overall, an okay sequel to this series. There is plenty of action, some romance, and lots of deception. I really liked the idea of a dragon camp where the chosen ones were magically led there to train as dragon killers. They story line was similar to Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter. So on originality I don't think the author succeeded very much. However, the character development was well done, but there were some holes in the plot.  



Also there was a love triangle, which I didn't really like because I wanted Tori to be with a certain someone. *couch* Jesse *cough* But it turned out a little different than I thought. Ultimately though, I thought the book fell short in the plot department. Sure there were some holes, but I thought the plot got slower towards the end of book 2. It should have speed up and ended with a bang. I was just like oh okay that's the end. The character interactions remained the same expect for the introduction of new characters. The tension was essentially the same and so was the climax. If you loved the first book then I have no doubt that you will love the first. I was expecting more momentum than I was given.     

No comments:

Post a Comment