Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Iron Queen #3 by Julie Kagawa

8685612Genre: Faery
Paperback: 358 Pages
Published: January 25, 2011
Series: The Iron Fey
            1. Iron King
            2. Iron Daughter
            3. Iron Queen
            4. Iron Knight
Rating:★★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.


This time, there will be no turning back.


My Review:

The false king is still trying to take over the Nevernever and he needs one more thing to accomplish his goal: the power of the Iron King. The land is slowly being poisoned and more fey are dying everyday. Meghan, Ash, and Puck are still banished from their homes, but soon that will change when Oberon and Mab realize they need their help to take down the false king. The trio will no longer be banished if they can defeat the false king and save Nevernever. Summer and Winter are willing to work together to overcome their enemy. However, working together is a difficult task when Summer and Winter have had  decades of rivalry behind them. Meghan and her friends will team up to save all the fey before it's too late.

The characters are still hilarious and entertaining as the first book. I still love Puck who is more funnier now than he was before. Ash is still the biggest jerk, but has shown his sweeter side to Meghan. And Meghan has come to be a better character. Sure she made mistakes, fell for both guys, and created more problems then solved them, but she has turned into a stronger character. I like her now more than I did in the beginning and I think she has turned into a good leader.

Fast-paced, never a dull moment, and action packed; this is the shortest way to describe this book. I loved this interesting idea of fey and the technology that is hurting their survival. Kagawa created a unique piece of writing that has become popular and entertaining. Hopefully, the final book is just as exciting and action packed as the previous two.

No comments:

Post a Comment