Thursday, May 1, 2014

Nearly Gone by Elle Casimano

13409664Genre:Thriller, Mystery, 
Hardcover: 388 Pages
Published: March 25, 2014
Series: TBA
Rating:★★★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

Bones meets Fringe in a big, dark, scary, brilliantly-plotted urban thriller that will leave you guessing until the very end.



Nearly Boswell knows how to keep secrets. Living in a DC trailer park, she knows better than to share anything that would make her a target with her classmates. Like her mother's job as an exotic dancer, her obsession with the personal ads, and especially the emotions she can taste when she brushes against someone's skin. But when a serial killer goes on a killing spree and starts attacking students, leaving cryptic ads in the newspaper that only Nearly can decipher, she confides in the one person she shouldn't trust: the new guy at school—a reformed bad boy working undercover for the police, doing surveillance. . . on her.


Nearly might be the one person who can put all the clues together, and if she doesn't figure it all out soon—she'll be next.



My Review:

I just got this book yesterday morning and I have already finished it! OH. MY. GOD! I can't stress how much I loved this book!! It has everything! Lots of action, adventure, mystery and romance. I could not put this book down! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHEN DOES THE SECOND BOOK COME OUT!!!  I just...I want...ahhhhhh...this book...ahhhhhhh.. I. WANT. IT. NOW!!!!!!!!

*So now that it's out of my system. I can actually write a coherent review*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! 



*Okay. I'm done now. I promise*

From the first word of this book till the last I was hooked. Literally, I could not put this book down. Cosimano has a way of gripping the reader with such intense writing. She created a world where I felt like I was inside with the characters. The plot is so intense that I was on the edge of my seat. I could not figure out who the bad guy was, and when I thought I knew I was like, " Ha! Jokes on you Casimano, I know who the killer is." And a few pages later Casimano would be like, " Ha. No you don't!" This frustrating cycle lasted for half the book and when I found out who the killer was, I WAS SHOCKED!!!! I did not see that twist coming and I was like damn this author is good! The mystery leaked from each page and as the ending came close I was yelling, " Noooooooo on the top of my lungs!" I was so deep into the book that I didn't realize it was three in the morning and I had woken up my family. They thought someone had broken in... Opps... My bad.

      Anyways....The gripping plot mixed with well done character development makes this book one of my new favorite series. I honestly loved the rush and excitement of this story and the characters were amazing. Nearly is a very smart young lady. She was a premature baby and the doctors said she nearly made it. Hence the name. She is struggling with many things in life, but she is content. Her mother is a stripper, her father left them long ago, they don't have a lot of money, and the only thing Nearly has left is a chemistry scholarship that will get her out of Sunny View. Nearly and her best friend Anh have been in competition since the beginning of the year to see who can win the scholarship and Nearly's life depends on getting it.
      But when someone leaves cryptic messages in the Personal ads that Nearly has an obsession with, things start to go downhill. Bodies of dead girls are showing up and Nearly is the only one who can figure out who the killer is. But when she confronts her suspicions to the police, instead of finding the killer, the police put a target on her back. In comes Reece Whelan, an arrogant, bad boy with a Juvie record and a dangerous background. He is a C.I. who is to follow Nearly everywhere and get her to talk. Reece is my favorite character. I loved how he handled himself in tough situations and has a soft spot for Nearly. Their interactions were funny and I loved how their relationship grew.

      Nearly Gone is a gripping novel that will leave you wanting for more. I can't believe this book has ended and the next one comes out who knows when. I am not a very patient person so this is going to be hard. It has been a while since I read a good book and if you are debating reading this then just stop debating. Go get this book right now and read it. It is exciting and I guarantee you will love it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment