Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Shadow of the Moon #4 by Rachel Hawthorne

6598207Genre: Werewolves
Paperback: 249 Pages
Published: March 23, 2010
Series: Dark Guardian
            1. Moonlight
            2. Full Moon
            3. Dark of the Moon
            4. Shadow of the Moon
Rating:

Goodreads Synopsis:

I can feel every Shifter's emotions except Daniel's—

the only one whose heart I long to know. 

HAYDEN was born a werewolf, a Dark Guardian. But her ability to sense the feelings of fellow werewolves has made her life unbearable. She runs away, only to be tracked by charming, mysterious Daniel, a newcomer to the pack and the one Shifter immune to her powers. As she reluctantly follows him home, Hayden finds herself falling dangerously in love. . . .

But even as her feelings for Daniel deepen, Hayden begins to wonder if he is who he claims to be. Where did he come from and why has no one ever seen him transform? When they stumble upon the body of a Shifter still in wolf form, her worries grow. Someone is killing her kind. Is her handsome tracker really a hunter? And is Hayden now his prey?


My Review:


     No. Just No. In my opinion this series was well thought out but poorly executed. I know many of you who have read this series love this story, but I just can't get myself to like it. Believe me I tried. I read this entire series hoping for something to catch my attention or pull me into the plot. But I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. I was looking forward to this series, but it did not live up to my expectations. 
    Hayden is in love with Daniel. He is the only one whose feelings she can't read. And their relationship is kind of weird. There are times when Daniel plays the empowering boyfriend and wants Hayden to submit to him. Even after she submits to him he touches her without consent. This just made Daniel seem pushy and disrespectful. I didn't like how he treated Hayden and Hayden just let him do what he wanted. 

My feelings for this book/series: 


No comments:

Post a Comment