Friday, May 23, 2014

Torment #2 by Lauren Kate

7740152Genre: Angels
Hardcover: 452 Pages
Published: September 2, 2010
Series: Fallen
            1. Fallen
            2. Torment
            3. Passion
            4. Rapture
Rating:★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:

Hell on earth.


That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.

It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous.

What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series...where love never dies.


My Review:

I applause to the gorgeous cover, but I'm sad to say that this book didn't live up to my expectations. The first book was interesting and got my attention. But Torment fell short and that's why I give this book three stars. We continued with the romance between Luce, a human, and her fallen angel Daniel. It was supposed to be the sweetest love in all history, where they can't be together because Luce dies every time. Her curse is that she gets reincarnated and with each new life, she falls in love with Daniel only to be taken away from him---only this time something has changed. Daniel and Luce have confessed their love for each other, but Luce is still alive.  I loved this idea of a long love that is being reunited. I'm a sucker for this type of story, but there were many things I was annoyed with that made me give this book only three stars.  

            1. The entire book was about Luce whining over Daniel.  Stop. We get that you miss him.
            2. There was just too much about the announcers and shadows, but I just wanted the main info so I wouldn't be lost.
            3. Oh no, another love triangle....Arrggg, just shoot me already.
            4. Some of the characters were confusing and not written well. 
            5. The book just seemed to be all about Daniel, Daniel, Daniel... 

And yet, I'm a sucker---so yes, I will be reading the third book just to see where the story goes and hopefully, it picks up pace. Oh! Did I mention there's a cliff hanger at the end of this book!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment