Thursday, June 19, 2014

Power of Six #2 by Pittacus Lore


8659601Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Genre: Aliens
Hardcover: 405 Pages
Published: August 23, 2011
Series: Lorien Legacies
            1. I Am Number Four
            2. The Power of Six
            3. The Rise of Nine
            4. The Fall of Five
            5. The Revenge of Seven
Rating:★★★★★


Goodreads Synopsis:


I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.


Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.


My Review:


Goshh!!! This book has been a thrilling roller coaster ride! I cannot express the excitement and thrill I was experiencing while reading this book! It was just action packed with lots of drama!! The characters are very well written, the writing style was simple, yet intriguing, and the plot keept you on the edge of your seat. There wasn't one moment where I could say the characters were safe and that I could let my guard down for a minute because you just didn't know when they would be caught!

            The Power of Six, takes you on a wild hunt where you know you can't trust anyone. Your friends can turn into enemies in one second and the next, your enemies are helping you out. This book kicks off after the disastrous events that took place in book one. Sam, Six, and Four are not only on the run from Mogs, but the FBI as well. After what happened at Paradise, Ohio, this loyal trio use their time on the road to try and uncover the many secrets that are hidden in the chest. They try to figure out their roles in this war, who to trust, and where to find the other remaining grade members.

            This book also introduces Number Seven and her point of view from chapter to chapter. We meet Marina who lives with her Cepan Adeline at a Nunnery where she has decided not to teach Marina about her heritage and how to fight. However, Marina is a stubborn girl who manages to find out about her legacies and tries to locate her inheritance (chest). This unfolds a series of events that get Sam, Four, Six and Marina to come face to face and join forces.

            Overall, just an amazing book! I loved this series so much and the fact that there is a movie about this is even better! Of course the movie wasn't as detailed as the first book, but it was still amazing to see this series become live! Can't wait to find out what happens in the next book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment