Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Soul of the Sun by Genevieve Crownson

20814479
Genre: Time Travel
Kindle: 348 Pages
Published: November 22, 2013
Series:  The Argos Dynasty
            1. The Soul of the Sun
Rating:★★★★


Goodreads Synopsis:

“The hands of time turn on the face of the sun. Only you can move them. If the Watcher controls the hands of the clock he can go anywhere, past or future-- and destroy our planet.” 



Since the days of ancient Greece, the Argos dynasty has kept a secret, a mystery passed down through their descendants from generation to generation, in the hopes that the forces of good can stop the evil destruction of planet Earth. 

Margaret Ingall is harboring that secret. Time is running out for the descendants of the Argos. They know a great healer and time traveler will be born of their blood. But the only person that knows whom they will call “the soul of the sun” is Margaret’s sister, Abigail. Before she can reveal the healer’s identity, disaster strikes… 

Evil stalks them, watching and waiting to find out which member of her family has the ultimate power. Is it Margaret’s own child? Or her beloved granddaughter? Or even herself? Their only clue is a powerful protective amulet that will lead them all in a cat-and-mouse game to discover secrets as ancient as time. 

If the Watcher discovers the truth before they do, all will be lost. 

Fate, time and love weave together in their struggle to fulfill their destiny. Will Margaret’s fears sabotage her family’s protection? Can the healer accept her gifts in time? And once the soul of the sun is finally revealed, will it be too late? 

Her power is incredible. The sacrifices required of her are immense. 

Will it be enough to stop the Watcher?


My Review:


     The Soul of the Sun is the first book in The Argos Dynasty and it was a good read. I really enjoyed the beginning of this book because it introduced the characters, the plot, and the setting in a quick and simple manner. The topic of time travel is what really caught my attention and got me interested in the book.

        As I got to the middle of the book that's when things started to get a little confusing. Some of the things I didn't like were the minor grammar/spelling errors, the back and forth of the time frame got a little confusing because I wasn't sure what time we were in, and that's when I started to lose interest. The story in the past was more exciting and interesting than what was happening in the present.

            The characters were well written with well rounded attitudes. I really liked Margaret's character. She was strong and independent with a quirky attitude. The Watcher's character was also interesting because I really wanted to know more about him, but we didn't find out a lot.
           
             Overall, a good start to this series. I did enjoy reading this book, but I don't think I will be continuing with the series. The reason for that is not because the story wasn't interesting or that I didn't like the characters, but because the pacing was way to slow for me. I like reading books where the plot is fast paced with lots of action and excitement. However, I do recommend this book to anyone who is interested in time travel, magic, and crazy villains. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment