Sunday, July 6, 2014

Until I Die #2 by Amy Plum

12908877Genre: Revenants
Hardcover: 353 Pages
Published: May 8, 2012
Series: Revenants
            1. Die for Me
            2. Until I Die
            3. If I Should Die
Rating:★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:
  
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.


As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.



My Review:

            This second book in this series is very much like other second books. It builds upon the first book and gives you a better picture of the plot. At this point of a series you will know if you like the characters or hate them. Personally, I like all the characters. surprisingly I don't have any issues (yet) with Kate or Vincent. HOWEVER, the romance kind of sucks!! The love between Kate and Vincent is not believable. No one, I mean no one falls in love at first sight. That is ridiculous. You don't know the person so you can't say you will like their personality.

            Kate and Vincent have fallen in love with each other *insert-multiple-eye-rolls* yet they don't know anything about each other. Kate has just found out what a Revenant is and she has decided to be with Vincent regardless of his situation. I found this to be very annoying. No one can just fall in love in an instant. I would have liked to see more cute and funny scenes between them and build their relationship instead of jumping in head first.  


            Another issue I had in this book was with Kate. I really liked her attitude in the first book. She was head strong and independent. Now she is a whiny little baby. She complained about many things and I understand her life kind of sucks right now, but at least try to make the best of it. Plus Vincent wanted to keep tabs on her where ever she went. He had his fellow Revenants follow her around, which irritated me more than Kate. Overall, it was an okay book. I just wasn't feeling it and I don't think I will be continuing with this series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment