Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Illuminated by Erica Orloff

10637723Genre: Romance
Paperback: 244 Pages
Published: December 8, 2011
Series: None
Rating:


Goodreads Synopsis:

Some loves are not made to last . . . Like Romeo and Juliet, Heloise and Abelard were doomed from the start, and their romance was destined to pass into history. Yet when sixteen-year-old Callie Martin discovers a diary hidden within an antique book, their story - and hers - takes on another life. For the diary leads Callie to the brilliant and handsome August, who is just as mysterious as the secret the diary hides. Their attraction is undeniable. As the two hunt down the truth behind the diary - and that of Heloise and Abelard's ancient romance - their romance becomes all-consuming. But Callie knows it can't last . . . love never does. Will their love that burns as bright as a shooting star flame out, or will these star-crossed lovers be able to defy history?

My Review:

            There is noting I love more than a LOVE story, but this book was not it for me. I picked it up thinking it would be an epic love story plus the interesting plot had caught my attention, however I was very disappointed. I liked Callie up until she met August. After meeting August Callie went from a cute, smart, book loving girl to a sappy annoying teen who couldn't stop talking about how sexy August was. I mean we get it he's hot, but there must be other qualities about him that you are attracted too?!
            I liked how the plot contained lots of mystery and adventure, but in my opinion it just wasn't enough to keep me entertained. The theme of Abelard, Heloise and Astrolab gave the book some romance, but it felt like everything was happening out of nothing. The idea was good, but the execution was a fail. Overall, it was just an egh type of book. Definitely not the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment