Saturday, October 4, 2014

Lullaby by Amanda Hocking

14759334
Genre: Mermaids
Hardcover: 290 Pages
November 27, 2012
Series: Watersong
            1. Wake
            2. Lullaby
            3. Tidal
            4. Elegy
Rating:★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

Don't miss the next chapter of Watersong, a bold new series that will enchant you, entrance you, and hold you captive under its spell

Now that Gemma Fisher has inherited Penn, Lexi, and Thea's curse - and all the strange new powers that come along with it - she has no choice but to run away with them. Devastated that she has to leave everyone she loves behind, she's still determined not to give in to the unspeakable hungers that plague her.
Unfortunately, they're growing stronger every day, and she's not sure how much longer she can resist.

Harper won't give up on finding her sister Gemma, vowing to get her back no matter what the cost. The search draws her closer to too-gorgeous-for-his-own-good Daniel, and tests her fiercely guarded independence like never before. She's always been the strong one who everyone else depends on.... Can she let herself depend on Daniel?

As Gemma and Harper plunge deeper into a magical world they barely understand, it becomes painfully clear that Gemma's old life may be lost forever. But can she still hold on to her humanity?


My Review:

What I Liked:
            - The cover is beautiful!
            - Harper and Daniel's relationship!
         - Harper having Gemma's back and covering her tracks when Gemma decides to go with the sirens and doesn't tell anyone where she is going.
            - Harper's character is very likable and I can relate to her at times.
            - I loved Daniel and how he was able to resist the sirens call. I definitely want to know more about that.

What I didn't like:
            - Gemma. Her attitude and her lack of responsibility is annoying. She is a young adult she should be able to make good decisions based on what is right and wrong. I felt that Gemma's character was dumb downed to make her seem like an interesting character. And she wasn't interesting at all. I found her to be boring and not entertaining .
            - I DID NOT LIKE ALEX. He was so boring, blond, and not original. His relationship with Gemma seemed forced.
            - There was no chemistry between Gemma and Alex.
            - I did not for one second believe they fell in love with each other since it was out of the blue. 
            - I found it too easy for Gemma to learn everything about the Sirens. It didn't make sense. Or I should say, it wasn't executed properly.


Overall, I am not a huge fan of this series. The second book was just as low as the first. However, I will be finishing this series just because it is mildly entertaining at certain points. I still want to know more about Daniel and Harper, even though they are not the main couple (although they should be!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment