Thursday, October 9, 2014

Tide Ever Rising by Mandi Slack

16235814Genre: Ghosts
Paperback: 208 Pages
Published: February 12, 2013
Series: None
Rating:★★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kadence Reynold’s favorite pastime is exploring old ghost towns. When she and her sister, Maysha stumble across an old journal and cheap pendant hidden in the depths of a crumbling foundation near Eureka, Utah, their world is suddenly turned upside down. Immediately, strange dreams and premonitions begin to haunt “Kadie” as she learns more about the keeper of the journal, Charlotte Clark. Kadie sets out on a journey to learn more about Charlotte and her family, and she and Maysha travel to Bremerton, Washington, where they discover Charlotte's still living twin sister, Adelaide and her family.

My Review:

When I started reading this book I wasn't really sure if it was for me. At the first page I was mildly bored and uninterested. By the second and third page I found myself leaning closer to the pages. Then by the first chapter I KNEW I wasn't putting this book down until I finished it. And that is exactly what happened.

Mandi's characters are so believable and alive that I was wishing I was their accompanying them on their adventures. The characters are thrust into constant danger and suspense as they figure out the mystery behind an old journal. Kadie has a knack for adventure and after finding an old journal along with a antique necklace her curiosity gets the best of her. She takes off to find the owner of the journal and hopes to get some answers about the story that she discovered.

Through out the book I was on my toes trying to figure out the mystery along side Kadie and her sister. I loved Maysha's character. She is super hilarious and ready to put her sister in her place. I also really liked their relationship and how much they loved each other. Mandi's creation of the characters was very likable and the mystery kept me interested till the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment