Friday, March 14, 2014

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

7059135Genre: Dystopian
Paperback: 320 Pages
Published: April 1, 2010
Series: Insiders
            1. Inside Out
            2. Outside In
            3. Inside
Rating: ★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
Keep Your Head Down. Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.


I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.
 My Review:
            "I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own - until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution."
- Goodreads
             After reading this little tid-bit I was sucked right into this book. I mean doesn't it sound so interesting. Who is a scrub? Why are there so many? These are just some of the questions that came to my mind while I was reading this book. Snyder has created a fascinating world of Uppers and Lowers. They are people trying to survive one day at a time. So when Trella accidently starts a revolution all hell breaks loose. Then when you realize they are all actually trapped in a large, self-sustaining cube, that's when things get extremely tense. Who controls this 'gateway" and how did all these people get here? This story reminds me of The Maze Runner by James Dashner because of it's similarity of being trapped with no way out. However, the similarity ends there because this book has a female lead rather than a male lead.
            Speaking of Trella...She is a stubborn, skeptical loner who has a sarcastic personality. Her character is strong and I seldom had a problem with her. And that is very rare with female leads. The other characters in the book were easy to love. My favorite was the Upper boy, Riley. He becomes Trella's ally after some suspenseful events and then later her romantic interest. He is funny, sweet and so YUM, I want to make a banner that says, "I'm on team Riley" and put it next to my other banners. Overall, the plot kept me engaged with it's clever twists and turns. I truly had a blast reading this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment