Friday, March 14, 2014

Iron King by Julie Kagawa

6644117Genre: Fae
Hardcover: 363 Pages
Published: Febuary 1, 2010
Series: The Iron Fey
            1. The Iron King
            2. The Iron Daughter
            3. The Iron Queen
            4. The Iron Knight
Rating: ★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart
My Review:
            I was a little hesitant to pick this book up at first, because I'm not really a fan of fairies. They kind of creep me out. But since I didn't have any thing to do and heard great reviews, I thought what the heck I'll try it. As Soon as I read the first few pages I was sucked right in! This book has just the right amount of action, drama, romance, and comedy. The main character Megan, wasn't very confident in the beginning, she was shy and had a crush on the popular kid in school. But as the story picked up her character grew and she became brave, willing to do anything, even risk her life for her family.
            One of the characters I found hilarious was Puck. He always had a funny remark to any question, always made light of a serious situation and kept me very entertained through out the book. He is involved in a love triangle with Megan and the winter prince Ash. Ash was an interesting character. Apparently Ash and Puck know each other, but they absolutely can't stand each other. At every turn they are ready to fight it out, but at the end Megan steps in the way to stop them. I found this book to be a quick read and I enjoyed every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment