Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lucid #2 by P.T. Michelle

13446541Genre:Dreams
Paperback: 328 Pages
Published: July 7, 2012
Series: Brightest Kind of Darkness (BKD)
            1. Brightest Kind of Darkness
            2. Lucid
            3. Destiny
            4. TBA
Rating: ★★★★★

Goodreads Synopsis: 
Once Nara combines her prophetic ability with Ethan’s power to outsmart Fate at his own deadly cat-and-mouse game, she’s more determined than ever to help Ethan learn the meaning behind the raven sword tattoo that suddenly appeared on his back after their confrontation with Fate.



During her quest to uncover the tattoo’s secrets, Nara enlists the help of some new friends and discovers her own surprising connection to Ethan.




While Nara digs deeper into the mystery, her desire for answers leads her down a dangerous path full of powerful and ruthless enemies. Swept into an age-old battle, Nara quickly learns that keeping one’s enemies close can be a necessary evil, making an intangible enemy she can control far more preferable to the human enemies she can’t.


My Review:
        Lucid is such a fantastic follow-up. I loved the first book so I have been looking forward to the second and now that I have read it, I think it's AMAZING! I was sucked right back into Nara's world. From the first page till the last I was hooked. It's a quick read which I absolutely loved. It had enough suspense, romance, and curiosity to keep me entertained. In this sequel we get to meet some new characters that are fascinating and very suspicious.


            Nara is an tremendous female lead. She is brave, strong, caring, very likable and completely and absolutely in love with Ethan. Oh boy...what can I say about him. Well he's supportive, caring, kind of mysterious, and absolutely perfect for Nara! They make the cutest couple and are extremely compatible. So in this book we don't get to see a whole lot of Ethan but he makes a few appearances just for Nara. As the story continues we find out Nara has been researching more about the ravens and Ethan's tattoo. She is trying her hardest to find some useful information and I find that to be the cutest thing ever. Some of the little things that Nara and Ethan do for each other just make your heart melt! But what made me mad was how Nara didn't tell Ethan some of the major things that happened to her. I get she didn't want to worry the guy but c'mon you have to tell him if your life's in danger! Besides some stupidity, I liked Nara's relationship with Lainey (reminds me of my relationship with my best friend) and the new kid Drystan. Overall, I really liked this book and can't wait to read Destiny and find out what happens with Ethan and Nara
P.S. If you want to read the review for the first book here it is: Brightest Kind of Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment