Friday, March 14, 2014

Providence by Jamie McGuire

9712492Genre: Angels
Paperback: 484 Pages
Published: November 17, 2010
Series: Providence
           1. Providence
           2. Requiem
           3. Eden
Rating: ★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
            Struggling with her father's death, Nina meets Jared Ryel, presumably by chance. However it soon becomes clear that he knows more about her than even close friends. When her father's former associates begin following her in the dark, Nina learns that her father was not the man she thought he was, but a thief who stole from demons. In searching for the truth behind her father's death, she stumbles upon something she never expected, and something Hell wants, that only she holds the key for. Jared risks everything to keep the women he was born to save, by sharing the secret he was sworn to protect.
My Review:
            Lets be honest here. The summary is simple but interesting. I didn't know what to expect going into this book. I loved Beautiful Disaster, but there was no guarantee that I would love this book. It started off kind of slow for me but as the story picked up I was deeply drawn into the book. The plot quickened and I started to like the characters.
            I loved Jared's character in this book. Was he a little stalkerish??? Yes. Was I bothered by this? Surprisingly no. He was strong and reliable. He is Nina's guardian angel protecting her from the dangerous men that were after Nina's father. He is sworn to protect her but by doing so he has to break the one rule he is never to break. He tells Nina who he is. As Nina learns about Jared, she immediately falls in love with him. Since Jared has been in love with Nina for a long time there is no slow romance. The romance picks up fairly quickly and gets very intense. I found this to be a little annoying. I wanted to see how Nina and Jared would fall in love but their romance went from strangers to hard core love.
            The plot was unique but the heroine stupidity made is unbearable at times. At one point in the book Nina breaks up with Jared for a stupid and illogical reason. At this point I wanted to hit her. It was one of those I love you but I'm staying away from you even though it will kill us both to be separated reasons. Ughh. I hate it when authors do this it just ruins the entire romance. And to top it off, Nina goes and does something stupid while being separated from Jared. Although I was annoyed with the female lead at various moments I still enjoyed reading this book. It was a little different from the basic angel books so I do recommend it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment