Friday, March 14, 2014

Rush by Eve Silver

13571953Genre: Sci-Fi
Hardcover: 361 Pages
Published: June 11, 2013
Series: The Game
            1. Rush
            2. Push
            3. Crash TBA
Rating: ★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.
My Review:
         There is a humongous  cliff hanger at the end of this book, so if that's not your thing...well I warned you.
OH MY GOSH THIS STORY! I absolutely loved it and I wasn't even sure I would.
            Miki Jones is an ordinary high school student who is suddenly pulled from her real life into what seems like a real life video game. Miki and a team of four are sent into a world where they have to eliminate an alien life form called the Drau and it's every man to himself. She is thrown head first without training and she has to depend on Jackson Tate...who drives her nuts from the first meeting.
            I loved the premise of this book. It's not everyday you get to read something about a real life video game where there are aliens you have to terminate and if you don't you will be terminated! (Opps! sorry if I spoiled that little detail for those of you who haven't read this yet!) Anyways the plot was fascinating and moved fairly quickly. I felt like I was in the video game because the details were so vivid.
            I loved Miki's character. After the death of her mother, she tries to control every aspect of her life and when she is pulled into this video game that she can't control, she struggles with being forced to do something she might not have chosen to do at all. I liked reading how Miki dealt with her issues. She wasn't a whinny baby about it. Instead she took her struggles head on and found a solution to her problems. Now lets talk about Jackson Tate! He is well... extremely mysterious. He is the 'leader' of the team trying to keep everyone safe (though he would never admit to that). Jacksons role is the same as others: try to terminate as many aliens as possible and be able to get out. However, he has a terrifying secret that he is unwilling to share. So when Miki comes along, he has to try extra hard to keep everything hidden. One thing I really liked about Miki and Jackson was there relationship. For example, he has many swoon worth lines. Even I was fanning myself after reading some of their interactions.
'Why didn't you just give me a light in the first place?" I'm both angry that he didn't and grateful that he's given me one now.
He says softly so only I can hear, "It seemed like a good excuse to keep you close."


OR...
"There hasn't been much that makes me smile in a very long time. But you do. So thank you for that."
 ORRR...

He grabs my wrist and turns my hand, then lowers his head and presses his lips to my palm. Electricity dances through me, making me gasp.
His lips move to the crease of my wrist. I stand perfectly still, my blood hammering through my veins.
I want him to do that again
Overall, a wonderful and interestingly new book to read. I can't wait to find out what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment