Saturday, March 15, 2014

Switched by Ammanda Hocking

Genre: Trolls
11457525 Paperback: 318 Pages
Published: January 12, 2010
Series: The Trylle Series
            1. Switched
            2. Torn
            3. Ascend
Rating: ★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:
            When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.
          Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.
          Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she's meant to become....
My Review:
          I'm sure by now everyone knows Amanda Hocking's story. She is self-published with multiple book deals. Before all the craziness, I read this book. Even before the rave reviews this book received, I loved the storyline. I didn't need a review to tell me how good this book was. I knew that already. Switched is entertaining and a light read. It's about a girl named Wendy Everly who has been accused by her mother of being a monster. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy realizes her mother was right.
          When a mysterious guy appears in Wendy's life her entire knowledge of who she is, is completely changed. Finn Holmes convinces Wendy to go with him to her world,  where she belongs( since she will be the future queen of the trylle). Once she gets there she discovers why her mother switched her, who she really is and what is in store for her.
Wendy is a strong-willed girl however, there are times in the book when I just want to slap her. I mean c'mon stop being a baby. I like the character of Wendy, but I feel like she acted very childish at times. She completely falls in love with Finn Holmes, who I have to say is kind of a jerk. He tells her to her FACE he didn't want to be with her BUTTTTT she keeps going after him ( please show a little pride). Overall this book was a good read but I would have liked to see more character development in Wendy and Finn as well.            
Check out this fan based trailer: 

No comments:

Post a Comment