Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Prey #4 by Rachel Vincent

6134783Genre: Shapeshifter
Paperback: 393 Pages
Published: July 1, 2009
Series: Shifter
            1. Stray
            2. Rogue
            3. Pride
            4. Prey
            5. Shift
            6. Alpha
Rating:★★★★


Goodreads Synopsis:

Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game...Play? "Right." My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother "and" an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.


Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.



My Review:

Since this is the 4th book in this series it is very difficult to write a review without giving details for the previous book. However, I'll try my best. If you're new to this series, then I highly recommend you start reading from the beginning since this is one of those books you need to read in order.

So Marc is in exile which is bad enough until he goes missing. Faythe is out of her mind with worry for Marc and to top it off she has to deal with Manx's trial and Kaci's deteriorating health because she refuses to shift. Then there's the large groups of strays going around murdering people which is highly unusual and they may have taken Marc. Finally, there's the political battles that Calvin Malone is putting into effect to bring down Faythe's father, the Alpha of the South-Central Pride. If I could go into a book and punch a character it would be Malone! This guy really irks me and he is no less outrageous in this book.   



Marc's disappearance fuels most of the plot in this book. However, there were two huge surprises that had my jaw hitting the floor and my copy of Prey almost flying across the room. This series has become very interesting to read even though I lost interest in the middle of the third book. Overall, a good series. Has a lot of action that keeps you guessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment