Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Soul to Save #2 by Rachel Vincent

6763961Genre: Bean Sidhe, Grim Reaper
Paperback: 279 Pages
Published: December 29, 2009
Series: Soul Screamers
            1. My soul to Take
            2. My Soul to Save
            3. My Soul to Keep
            4. My Soul to Steal
            5. If I die
            6. Before I Wake
            7. With All My Soul
Rating:★★★★
Goodreads Synopsis:

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.



So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.


The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...


My Review:

My Soul to Save is equally fun and entertaining as its previous book. It takes place right after the ending of My Soul to Take. We get to see more of Tod in this book and I gotta say, I'm starting to like his rough edged personality. We find out that he is a grim reaper, his brother is Nash and his ex-girlfriend has sold her soul to the devil.  

Kaylee being the nice helpful person she is, agrees on helping Tod get his ex-girlfriends soul back. Kaylee likes to jump into situations that she doesn't understand and it's difficult for her to ask for help. She is naive at times and stupid, but she has a very big giving heart. So when Kaylee decides to help Tod and go into the other dimension she gets a few surprises. Nash and a few of their friends decide to help as well and things get very interesting when the devil takes a liking to Kaylee.

I wasn't blown away by Tod in the first book, but like I said I'm starting to like him. His character is well written and his funny remarks made me giggle. I loved it when Tod annoyed Nash. There is just something so sweet about brotherly love and Tod needs all the friends he can get. He is lonely and craves attention and Kaylee just happens to be there. Tod and Kaylee's interactions are innocent and sweet, but I'm kind of hoping something happens there. *Fingers crossed* Nash is also a well written character. You can tell he loves Kaylee and would do anything to help her. His relationship with Tod is very rocky and they don't get a long all the time, but deep down I know he loves his brother.


This topic on Bean Sidhe's took me by surprise and I'm glad I picked this book up. I love this idea of grim reapers and bean sidhe's working together and the addition of different supernatural characters makes this story more interesting. Overall, an awesome start to this series and hopefully the next book is just as exciting as the previous two.   

No comments:

Post a Comment