Sunday, May 11, 2014

(The) Death Cure #3 by James Dashner

7864437Genre: Dystopian
Hardcover: 325 Pages
Published: October 11, 2011
Series: The Maze Runner
            1. The Maze Runner
            2. The Scorch Trials
            3. The Death Cure
Rating:★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.



What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.


The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?


My Review:

The Plot:
            Dashner does a wonderful job at creating an interesting plot with lots of details. There were many plot twists and turns that I didn't see coming and I was on the edge of my seat. Some questions that I had took some time to be answered, but in this final book he does answer most of them. So after surviving the Scorch Trials, Thomas and his friends end up in a new society where they are promised they will find a cure for The Flare.

My issues with this book:
            
         1. The character development kind of sucked. We know who the characters are and what they have been through. But what we don't know is how they look. Dashner didn't spend a lot of time on creating their image and this bugged the hell otta me! I wanted to know or at least get an idea of what they looked like.
             
                2. The descriptions kind of lost me at times. There was so much going on that I was confused and re-reading chapters because I had no idea what I had just read!
            
            3. The title says, "The Death Cure," this is a little misleading since there is no actual cure that Dashner talks about!  There's not even a cure! Say whatttt!??
            
             4. So after finishing this book, it got me thinking...why are Thomas and Teresa the big guns? So Thomas and Teresa are maybe 16-17ish and they work at WICKED. Since Thomas is immune to The Flare, The Creators hired him at their major scientific/medical research facility...right cause what major research facility would hire young boys!? Anyways The Creators die somehow leaving Thomas and Teresa in charge and somehow these two are the only smartest leaders at WICKED?...I highly doubt that.
             
              5. There was a lot of death. A bunch of kids died in the scene towards the end by a crumbling building.
           
           6. Finally, Teresa you have been replaced by Brenda in the second book. You had no option other than being killed. So peace out!
           
           7. The ending killed this series for me. All I have to say to that is, "Did it have to end that way?"

No comments:

Post a Comment