Saturday, June 28, 2014

Fractured by Erin Hayes

21865341Genre: Horror
Paperback: ?
Published: 2014
Series: None
Rating:★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:


Blinded by a mysterious seizure when she was three years old, Bash Martin has managed to carve out a normal life for herself as an adult. Yet she still yearns for a deeper connection with her twin sister Lily, who has always been jealous of the attention their parents bestowed upon Bash due to her disability. 



A dream vacation seems like the perfect chance to heal their relationship, but Bash soon realizes there is something terribly wrong with Lily and that her sister is hiding a dark secret. And when a supernatural fire engulfs their hotel and corpses come back to life, the sisters are plunged into a nightmarish world that threatens not only their lives, but their very souls.

My Review:

     Bash and Lily, two twin girls, were playing in the playground when an accident occurred about twenty years ago. The accident left Bash blinded and once again Bash was the one who was favored, while Lily was the naughty twin. All her life Lily has always come second to Bash and she has had enough of this. So when Bash steals the guy that Lily has a crush on, things start to get really crazy. Lily finds out secrets about her family and a dangerous deal that was made with the devil leaves Lily in a heap of trouble. Will the twins be able to stop all the deaths occurring in their town or will they ignore this and cause more deaths?

      Fractured was definitely an interesting read. I really liked the concept that the author had created and the plot was very fascinating. I also liked the characters because I was able to connect with them and I didn't find the need to roll my eyes. However, I didn't particularly care for Bash, I think she was just in over her head since she was the more favored child, but Lily was the one character I liked a lot. Her personality was strong and determined, which I like in female leads. This book for sure falls into the horror category and if you like horror then this is the book for you! Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and I do recommend this to everyone who loves a good mystery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment