Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Requiem #3 by Lauren Oliver

9593913Genre:Dystopian
Hardcover: 391 Pages
Published: March 5, 2013
Series: Delirium
            1. Delirium
            2. Pandemonium
            3. Requiem
Rating:★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has transformed. The nascent rebellion that was underway in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven. Pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels.


As Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain of the Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena and Hana's points of view. They live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.


My Review:

            I was extremely disappointed with this book. With the ending of Pandemonium, leaving me at a cliffhanger, I was super excited to read the final book. However, it didn't live up to my expectations. Here's what happened in one sentence: Lena leads Julian on to make Alex jealous. That's it. That's the whole book. Really!? I can't even...ahahajdhsdkjsh!
           
            What happened to Lena? She was such a strong independent force not to be reckoned with in the first book. She had a brain, she was smart, caring and had a good head on her shoulders. And now she goes and does something totally stupid, like leading on one guy in order for another to want her back. That was low I tell you! Very low! Oh and  Alex was a total JERK though out this book. He wanted to let Lena go so he decided to lie and hurt her every chance he got. Then when he was leaving he left a note for her saying he had to go, but he still loved her. Like what the heck!?

            Plot wise, I didn't think anything really changed. The rebellion was still going on, people were still dying, and we didn't find out if Lena survived. The ending was just stupid. I didn't know whether to throw the book across my room or to re-read the chapter again to see if I read it right. It seemed like the book ended with a cliff hanger, yet it seemed like there might be a spin off series. I don't know what happened with this series, but it wasn't what I expected. The first two books were good leading up to the climax, but the ending just killed this series for me. Plus there wasn't much character change from book 2 to book 3. 


No comments:

Post a Comment