Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Genre: Sci-fi
Paperback: 374 Pages
Published: February 7, 2012
Series: Under the Never Sky
            1. Under the Never Sky
            2. Through the Ever Night
            3. Into the Still Blue
Rating:★★

Goodreads Synopsis:
  
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.


DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.


My Review:

            Let me start off by saying this is not a bad book. I think this book has a lot of potential and will appeal to a lot of people, but at the same time it turns me off. I was interested for the most part. The beginning started off to a good start, but after a few chapters I was struggling to keep up. I had no idea what the plot was leading to and I was loosing interest fast.

            Aria is living in a world where her people live in pods and fear the outside world. Her people spend most of their time in virtual reality Realms and one day Aria is exiled from her pod city, Reverie. She embarks on a journey with an outsider named Perry, to find her way back to her society. The premise is based on a futuristic approach where people are too busy to go out to the real world and explore. Instead they stay in virtual realms and waste their lives away. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this book isn't really a dystopian novel ( like most people are saying), instead it's more of a sci-fi kinda book. So if this is something that interests you then I suggest you check it out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment