Monday, September 22, 2014

A Beautiful Evil #2 by Kelly Keaton

8109141
Genre: Mythology
Hardcover: 285 Pages
Published: February 21, 2012
Series: Gods and Monsters
            1. Darkness Becomes Her
            2. A Beautiful Evil
            3. The Wicked Within
Rating:★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

Myth and mayhem inhabit a richly reimagined New Orleans in this sequel to Darkness Becomes Her.After the epic graveyard battle at the end of Darkness Becomes Her, Ari and her friends know what they’re up against: Ari is facing the Medusa curse and is haunted by the image of what she will become. To make matters worse, the heinous goddess Athena has kidnapped young Violet and is threatening to destroy Ari. 

Ari, along with the superhot Sebastian, is doing everything she can to learn more about Athena and to get Violet back. But the battle of good and evil is bigger than she realizes, and she’s about to be pulled into a world more horrific than she could ever imagine....



My Review:

A Beautiful Evil picks up right where we left off. Ari, who is cursed to become a gorgon when she turns 21 is training to tap into her dormant powers so she can face Athena and rescue her friend Violet and her father. Ari has been fighting the Novem--the supernatural families that run New 2-- to let her research in their secret library to find a way to Athena's secret realm to break her curse.
            TBH, this is a very frustrating book to read. I was iffy to begin this book, given my conflicted thoughts about the first book and my low rating. All of my issues with book one have transformed to book two. The book started with an interesting beginning and captured my attention, however towards the middle I lost all interest. The characters seemed dull this time around and I had a hard time connecting with each of them. Like I said before a mix of supernatural and mythology is something I don't have a taste for and even though this book has an excellent idea the execution was done poorly. Overall, it was egh and I will not be continuing with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment