Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Mayfair Moon by J. A. Redmerski

13432620Paperback: 352 Pages
Published: February 6, 2012
Genre: Werewolves
Series: The Darkwoods
            1. The Mayfair Moon
            2. Kindred
            3. The Ballad of Aramei
Rating:

Goodreads Synopsis:

After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family. Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable 'illness' and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from. As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.

My Review:

I am so confused as to WHY people actually liked this book! I don't get it. The writing style was poor, the plot had holes in it, and the characters sucked ass (pardon my language). I didn't find anything wonderful about this book and I was so surprised to find that many people like it. There was no originality, the characters lacked depth, and the plot was boring!!!!!
            The only thing I liked about this book was the cover and how the beginning of the book started. Yeh, yeh, don't judge a book by its cover...but I do it anyways. The point where I was like I am so done with this book was when Adria runs out on our hero in the book because she caught him with Rachel in bed. Why does he feel the need the explain anything to her? Why are they so in love? They don't even know each other. And this love at first sight crap was just not believable at all. I just don't get it!

            And don't even get me started on the main character. I have never met anyone who is as stupid as Adria. I mean c'mon! I get that these books are for young adults, but the characters don't have to be dumbed down for the readers. I don't know...maybe it's just me, but I was so not feeling this book. It hurts to rate a book with one star, but that's what this book gets. Hopefully, the next book in this series is better, but I will not be taking the time to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment