Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Shadow Marked by Anna J. Evans

7095655
Genre: Demons
Paperback: 308 Pages
Published: May 4, 2010
Series: Demon Bound
            1. Shadow Marked
            2. Demon Marked
Rating:★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

Samantha Quinn has been in the dark since age six, when her parents sacrificed her sight in a Satanic ritual. She is trying to get over her demonic past, but horrific lifelike visions haunt her. Her intuition gets stronger and clearer after a wild, adrenaline-fueled sexual encounter with Jace, her brother's childhood friend. And now Samantha is more tormented than ever by what she can "see"-and by what she felt in that forbidden encounter...

Samantha must now prevent the deaths she sees in her premonitions and protect her body from the same demon from her twisted childhood. Her dark curse reveals that Jace will be the next victim, and it is crystal clear that she must destroy the demon to protect her love.



My Review:

            This book definitely had a great deal of potential, but I just couldn't get into it. The beginning was entertaining, it caught my attention, and brought great moments of joy. However, by the end of the book the enjoyment was over. The reason I say this is because the end was all over the place. Basically, a big hot mess. It was a bunch of elements thrown together to make a cliff hanger of an ending trying to get the reader hooked. For me it just all fell short.
            My favorite part about this book was that Samantha was blind. I was caught off guard by this in the beginning, but I loved her character. She was strong willed, determined and stubborn as hell. What caught my attention was her demeanor. Even though she has a disability, she didn't let it stop her from doing what she wanted. She had many relationships, lots of sex, and wasn't portrayed as a poor virgin damsel in distress waiting for a man in shinning armor to save her ass. Instead at one point in the book she did the saving.
            Jace was a stubborn ass. He was the emo guy who complained and whined a lot through out the book. I have no idea what Samantha saw in him, but he pissed me off a lot during the book. I just wanted him to man up to his feelings and stop being a sad jerk. Overall, it was an okay book. Not really my favorite even though it has the potential to be a good book. Hopefully, the series picks up and delivers some action and character growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment