Sunday, April 6, 2014

Vanish #2 by Sophie Jordan

9436632Genre: Dragons
Hardcover: 294 Pages
Published: September 6, 2011
Series: Firelight
            1. Firelight
            2. Vanish
            3. Hidden
Rating:★★★


Goodreads Synopsis:
An impossible romance.
Bitter rivalries.

Deadly choices.



To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.


Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?



My Review:
             The Love-triangle completely Ruined this book for me. The first book was amazing. It had action, romance and kept my interest throughout. But this sequel was disappointing. When I finished this book I ended up hating Jacinda. Not because of her bitchy attitude, but because she was overly obsessed with Tamra, her sister. Jacinda constantly talked about Tamra and obsessed about Cassian. Just pick a guy already. She was in love with Will but she was also intrigued by Cassian. " I want Will. No, I can't be with him. I'm starting to feel something for Cassian. He wants me for me. But I can't betray Tamra. But I can't let either one of them go!" Like what the heck!? Selfish much! And I was not convinced by this so called pathetic love-triangle. It was ridicules! S.M.H.  

            So what did I actually like about this book!? Well for starters the concept was pretty cool. Jacinda and her Pride descended from dragons. They can shift from being dragon to human, which I found very fascinating. I would have liked to read more about the other dragon shifters and what kind of powers they had. That would have been fascinating instead of reading about Jacinda obsessing over stupid things. I also wanted to know more about Tamra and how she would turn into a dragon since she was having some trouble shifting. It would have been cool if Tamra's point of views was included in the chapters so the reader could understand both sides of the story. Though I have to say, the cover is pretty intriguing. Too bad that was the only thing about the book that was interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment