Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Silence #3 by Becca Fitzpatrick

10637766Genre: Angels
Hardcover: 448 Pages
Published: October 4, 2011
Series: Hush Hush
            1. Hush Hush
            2. Crescendo
            3. Silence
            4. Finale
Rating:★★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:

WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?


Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.



My Review:

The ending of Crescendo had my jaw hitting the floor. Because of that, I expected big things to happen in this book. And when I read the synopsis on the cover I was shocked to find out that Nora's entire memory of Patch and what happened had been wiped clean!!!!! SAY WHAT!!? In order to remember everything that she has lost, Nora has to figure out what happened. She has to put all the pieces back together and when she runs into Patch, Nora knows deep down that there is something familiar about him.
             I didn't like this twist in this book at all! It felt like we took several steps back in Silence when what I expected was to go further into her story. But as I kept reading the first half of the book was about Nora trying to get her memories back and the second half was more exciting. Lauren Kate did a good job at adding suspenseful, dangerous, romantic scenes that had me clapping my hands like a three year old!   


            We also get more insight into Nora's life, what role Merci plays in this series, and most of all we find out who Nora's real father is. I was definitely on the edge of my seat and the ending of Silence left me speechless. I was not expecting the ending at all and the execution was on point. At first I though Silence was the end of this amazing series, but when I found out there will be a fourth book I squealed with delight! Hopefully, the final book, Finale, will be fast paced, exciting, and entertaining. I really hope Patch and Nora work things out, defeat the other fallen angels, and finally stop Nora's father from  bringing hell to earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment