Monday, May 5, 2014

(The) Rising #3 by Kelly Armstrong

11864728Genre: Cougars
Hardcover: 406 Pages
Published: April 2, 2013
Series: Darkness Rising
            1. The Gathering
            2. The Calling
            3. The Rising
Rating:★★★★

Goodreads Synopsis:
Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Clouds and now a rival Cabal as well, they're quickly running out of places to hide. And with the whole world thinking they died in a helicopter crash, it's not like they can just go to the authorities for help.


All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a few answers. Answers to why they're so valuable, and why their supernatural powers are getting more and more out of control.

But Maya is unprepared for the truths that await her. And now, like it or not, she'll have to face down some demons from her past if she ever hopes to move on with her life. Because Maya can't keep running forever.

Old secrets are revealed and unexpected characters make a surprising return in this stunning conclusion to Kelley Armstrong's New York Times bestselling Darkness Rising trilogy.


My Review:

            In the previous book all Maya and her friends did was run around, get caught, escape, and then run around again only to be caught. Oh wait...they escaped again! Seriously, the second book was pointless. There was no story to get the readers attention. If you have read my review for The Calling, then you're probably thinking why am I saying the book sucks in this review, but I gave it four stars...? The reason I gave the second book four stars wasn't because of what happened, but because the characters were able to grow in the second book. I thought the characters showed more promise for the third installment and they did.

            The Rising starts right after Maya and her friends escape and now are on the run. All they have is a name and phone number of someone who can help them. When I found out that The Darkest Powers Series and this series were connected I squealed like a little girl. Because as soon as I read that Maya, Daniel and Rafe are looking for people who went through the same thing they are going through, I just knew Maya was going to meet Chloe and Derek! EPPPpppppppppp!!!!! That was my favorite part! I loved how the two series are connected, but I had some issues with the description of the powers. 
        Armstrong does a good job at explaining Maya's powers but doesn't exactly show them. UMmmm...why not!? Besides the lack of powers and the saddest ending ever I liked this series. Armstrong took the ideas of cougars and turned it into something different! So props for that. But I wish the ending could have been a little different. So if you wanna know what it is then you gotta read it! *Muahhhahahahaha* 

No comments:

Post a Comment